We love all sort’s of games here, and as you grow up you collect an interesting assortment of games, house-rules, and idea’s for ways to play. Eventually you pass some of these on to your own children and the whole process starts again.
This project is about sharing those games with a wide audience of fellow bloggers, and as an added bonus, we have 6 prizes that have been generously donated to be given out to 6 random people who participate.
Your task is to write a new post explaining ‘How to Play my Favorite Game.’
What we are looking for is some sort of post that explains a favorite game that you or your children like to play. What game is entirely up to you. You could write about a classic game that you played as a child, a funny game that your children made up themselves, or even alternative rules for a popular game.
Once you’ve written your ‘How to Play’ post simply follow the process for participating outlined below. Please note – to be eligible for the gifts from our sponsors you need to follow the guidelines below.
The group writing project is proudly sponsored by the following companies. This is not a competition – Six random participants in the group writing project will receive one of the following gifts (Age Appropriateness in parenthesis):
Thank you very much to the sponsors for this group writing project!
How to Participate
1. Write a ‘How to Play’ Post
- Be as creative as you’d like – take it in any direction you want – it can be on any topic (keep it clean and ‘family friendly’ please), it can be any length, it can be serious, funny, it can be a list post, a rant, an essay, a pictorial or video post… etc
- Give your post a good title. Once all the posts are listed it’ll only be your title that sets it apart from others. It doesn’t have to have the words ‘how to play’ in the title – but if can if you wish.
- Please consider putting a link back to this post on your post so that your readers know you’re participating. You don’t have to do this – but it’d be appreciated to help grow the project and to give others the opportunity to participate.
2. Let us Know about your post
- Once you’ve posted your ‘How to Play’ post let me know about it by sending me an email via the submission form.
- Make sure you include your name (as you want it to appear in the list of posts), your post title and the URL to your post (not just to your blog’s front page).
- Submissions must be received by me the the end of Thursday, May 17th 2007 (as long as it’s still Thursday where you send it from I’ll accept it). If they come in after Thursday they won’t be included in the list and will not be in the running for the gifts.
3. I will post 2 links to your post
- In the day or two after you let me know about your post I’ll post a link to it in two places. Firstly there will be a daily (ish) list of the submissions from the last 24 hours. Secondly there will be a central list of all submissions for the project so we can see everything on one page.
- I’ll post my final list of submissions on Friday and will announce those who receive the gifts then.
4. Surf Surf Surf
- This is where you take over. Surf the submissions received. Leave comments, make connections with other classic kid’s games readers and enjoy reading (and playing) everyone’s games!
5. Link Link Link
- There is no formal ‘judging’ as this is not a competition. Instead – I encourage you to surf through the submissions at the end of the week and announce your own favorites on your own blog. Ex. Name your top 5 favorites and share the link love.
- On Friday I will randomly select 6 participants to win the 6 gifts and will post who the winners are.
One final note, because we want to keep this all family friendly, I reserve the right to not include a site in this project for any or no reason.
Thank you again to our sponsors and to Darren Rowse of Problogger.net
I’m really looking forward to seeing everyone’s games!
Submit Your Post.